Help with Visas
Explanation: Some countries require Barbadians travelling to those countries to first obtain a visa. Likewise Barbados requires nationals of some countries to first obtain a visa.
Visa requests for Barbadians travelling abroad on official (Government) business
- Check the Visa List to see if/and from where the visa has to be requested
- Executive Officer to send a Savingram to the Barbados Mission responsible for processing the visa along with the official’s passport and other documentation such as the invitation letter, visa application form and itinerary, etc.
- Take documents to Diplomatic mail (Cypher Office) to be sent via Federal Express or DHL or Diplomatic Bag.
(If it is not urgent it is sent in the Diplomatic Bag)
- If there is no Barbados Mission in the area, a Diplomatic Note along with Passport and supporting documentation should be sent to the requisite Embassy or High Commission.
- On return of the passport, persons are notified that their passports are ready to be collected.
- Visas are issued gratis to persons with diplomatic and official passports.
Visa requests for officials visiting Barbados
- Persons send a copy of the bio data page with the application form (J-form)
- This information is sent to the Barbados Immigration Department via Memorandum
- Immigration sends back visa approval to Ministry
- Responds to the Mission or International Organisation or officials via Diplomatic Note or Letter respectively
- Copy of Immigration approval is placed on file
- Visiting official receives the visa on arrival at airport in Barbados