The mission of the Division of Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade is to promote and facilitate the development of Barbados’ international trade, particularly its export trade and to strategically position Barbados to operate in and derive the maximum trade benefits in a new liberalised global trade arena.
Barbados is not party to any trade agreement in its own right. It has signed a number of trade agreements under the aegis of CARICOM with other countries in this hemisphere and farther afield. Barbados has signed and ratified the following trade agreements:
- CARICOM/ CARICOM Single Market and the Economy (CSME);
- The CARICOM-Venezuela Trade and Investment Agreement;
- The CARICOM-Colombia Trade, Economic and Technical Cooperation Agreement;
- The CARICOM-Dominican Republic Free Trade Agreement;
- The CARICOM-Cuba Trade and Economic Cooperation Agreement;
- The CARICOM-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement; and
- The CARIFORUM EU Economic Partnership Agreement.
Founding Member of: